Website Designers: Not Always Enough
We’re Not Website Designers.
However… We do a lot of work on websites – just not those things you see on the surface. So what do we do?
We do back-end website development work like:
- Custom software development
- Website sales to accounting software integration
- Workflow and routing
- Specialized software selection and setup
5 Examples of Advanced Website Functionality
The right technical website functionality can make a huge difference in your business. Here are five common website software development projects we regularly see.
1. Enabling Website Self-Service
Today, do-it-yourself sales and support is a growing trend. Adding features like secure distributor portals or customer knowledge bases provide more autonomy at less expense. Built-in security measures can prevent unauthorized users from accessing private information. Self-service gives you economy of scale to support multiple customers and distributors at once. Less overhead for you!
2. Accepting Orders Online
Spend less time taking orders over the phone. Automate the response process. Smooth streamlined sales features ensure your business is presented as professional and trustworthy.
3. Managing Business Processes
Whatever your business is, technology can usually create an easier way to manage the process from end-to-end. Recent projects we’ve worked on include:
- For a flower shop, we created a workflow that told the florists which specific flowers went into each bouquet.
- For an events company, knowing the stage of a project, from lead to delivery.
- For an insurance company, tracking policy applications through to payment of agent commissions.
- Sending alerts reminding employees what action needs to be taken next.
What needs to happen next in any process? That’s what we help you automate, so you create consistency and build trust with your clients.
4. Routing Requests
Automating workflow reduces paperwork for you. Don’t let sales or support requests get lost in the virtual shuffle – augmenting online support through your website will take care of that for you! Clients get answers promptly. Support personnel can prioritize cases and keep on top of open support tickets until the issue is resolved. Automation can be set to follow your unique business rules.
5. Integrating Sales with Processing and Shipping
There’s no value in re-typing information, only risk of making mistakes. Setting up software integration can send new sales orders directly for processing and recoup your precious time for more valuable things.
If you’re a website designer who wants technical assistance, we’d love to work with you! If you’re a customer who loves their website designer but wants more functionality, we’ll work with your website designer to get you exactly what you need. Request an Explore the Possibilities discussion.