At a Glance
Easy desktop application hosting and management
If you want the availability and security of a cloud computing environment, but don’t want to manage the hosting environment or manage the application maintenance yourself, we can help. Frequently combined with our cloud migration services, with application hosting, we can make application administration easy by:
- Ensuring application and environment compatibility
- Maintaining system updates and monitor security
- Onboarding and offboarding your users
- Setting up integrations and workflows
We will work with you to find the right balance of speed, security and cost to develop an application hosting package that suits your needs.
When to choose application hosting over SaaS solutions
Today, most business applications are primarily offered as SaaS (software-as-a-service) solutions. In a SaaS model, you pay a recurring fee to use a vendor-hosted version of an application. The benefits of this delivery model are that you pay less up front, users can login from anywhere, and the vendor takes care of all the hosting and software updates.
By migrating applications to the cloud, you can make desktop software programs available to users through the Internet. With our application hosting services, we’ll take care of all the architecture and application administration.
Application hosting is a good choice when:
- You already own the software license and want to avoid monthly subscription fees.
- You want to make a desktop application available to remote users.
- The software isn’t available in a SaaS subscription model.
- You want to offer software hosting as perk or to generate additional revenue. For example, accountants will use application hosting for QuickBooks Desktop for their clients so they have more features than QuickBooks Online.