At a Glance
We do everything “from the walls out” to help with the technology selection and setup your IT environment.
We’ll help you:
- Decide whether to use on-premise servers, cloud servers or a hybrid environment
- Configure and optimize your servers
- Setup a VOIP telephone system
- Develop a purchasing strategy for office servers, computers, tablets and mobile devices
- Decide what software solutions you need and how to integrate these systems for maximum efficiency and business productivity
- Plus, put IT policies and procedures in place to keep your IT environment running smoothly.
Buying small business computer hardware can be tricky.
Today, it’s easy enough to go out a buy computers from Best Buy and servers from Dell. What is harder is figuring out exactly what you need. That’s why we ALWAYS recommend our clients call us before buying any new server, computer, laptop, storage device or mobile device. Take our specs and then buy the computer on your own if you want. We’ll help you figure out:
- How much memory you need
- How much processing speed you need
- How much hard drive space you need
- The operating system that makes most sense based on the software programs you’re running
- PLUS – we can strip out the “bloatware” that comes pre-installed with most hardware
Don’t overbuy – or get stuck with lagging desktop and device performance.
What small business software do you need? How do you decide?
Software sales people can be very persuasive, and their demos appealing. As your IT Services Provider, we help you make a sound decision based on YOUR business needs. We think about things that business users often don’t consider like:
- Does this software offer API access?
- Will this company be around for the next 10-20 years?
- How easy is it to configure the security settings?
- Is it easy to integrate with the operating system and software you’ve already implemented?
- What kind of support can you expect?
- What other options exist? Are you evaluating software using the right criteria?
Microsoft vs. Google vs. Apple
Pick a platform. These tech giants compete for your business by encouraging collaboration in some areas and building giant obstacles in others. Their business software partners often pick one main eco-system to support. For example, Insightly CRM has an amazingly tight integration with G-Suite. Other systems rely on Microsoft 365, SQL Server and Azure. Committing to one central platform for your business will guide many of your future decisions.
Business software essentials
Some of the software solutions we help clients evaluate, implement and support on a regular basis include:
- Microsoft 365
- Windows 10
Business productivity software
Beyond the essentials, we can help you evaluate:
- Accounting software packages
- eCommerce solutions
- Order processing and shipping solutions
- Sales and marketing management software
- Service and maintenance software
One of the advantages of working with us is that we don’t just install software, we are also a software development company. That means that if we can’t find the perfect software that meets your needs, we can help you decide between:
- Building a custom software application
- Modifying an off-the-shelf program
- Integrating two-or-more systems to bring together the functionality you need
The one thing we hear repeatedly from new clients is “I wish we had called you before we bought this software….” One short consultation may save you endless hours and needless frustration down the road.