At a Glance
Creating IT policies and procedures for your business
IT policies and procedures exist to improve operational efficiency and reduce risk. We can help you figure out the policies and procedures you need to keep your business running smoothly. Together, we can walk through scenarios like:
- Onboarding and offboarding employees and contractors
- What steps to take immediately when an employee is terminated
- Authorization procedures for buying computer equipment
- How to curtail activities like personal social media and online shopping
- Steps for responding to sales and support inquiries
As your IT partner, we want to help you develop policies and procedures that are pragmatic and enforceable. But of course, you should also consult with attorneys and HR professionals.
IT procedures create efficiency
Don’t make employees guess how to do their jobs. Small business software is designed to enable employee empowerment and increase customer satisfaction. Creating technology checklists and offering your employees technology training will help you create consistency and build trust – plus will save you time, money and frustration.
- Where should information be stored?
- What happens next?
- Is there a way to complete tasks faster or easier?
- How should we communicate internally and externally?
- What are the rules around here?
- Where do we need to be mindful of compliance concerns like HIPAA, credit card information, and other sensitive client data?
Enforcing IT policies increases data security
Most security breaches are caused by employees. Most data loss is caused by poorly enforced IT policies.
Ensure your employees know what’s expected of them: