What small business software do you need? How do you decide?
Software sales people can be very persuasive, and their demos appealing. As your IT Services Provider, we help you make a sound decision based on YOUR business needs. We think about things that business users often don’t consider like:
- Does this software offer API access?
- Will this company be around for the next 10-20 years?
- How easy is it to configure the security settings?
- Is it easy to integrate with the operating system and software you’ve already implemented?
- What kind of support can you expect?
- What other options exist? Are you evaluating software using the right criteria?
Microsoft vs. Google vs. Apple
Pick a platform. These tech giants compete for your business by encouraging collaboration in some areas and building giant obstacles in others. Their business software partners often pick one main eco-system to support. For example, Insightly CRM has an amazingly tight integration with G-Suite. Other systems rely on Microsoft Office 365, SQL Server and Azure. Committing to one central platform for your business will guide many of your future decisions.
Business Software Essentials
Some of the software solutions we help clients evaluate, implement and support on a regular basis include:
Business Productivity Software
Beyond the essentials, we can help you evaluate:
- Accounting software packages
- eCommerce solutions
- Order processing and shipping solutions
- Sales and marketing management software
- Service and maintenance software
One of the advantages of working with us is that we don’t just install software, we are also a software development company. That means that if we can’t find the perfect software that meets your needs, we can help you decide between:
- Building a custom software application
- Modifying an off-the-shelf program
- Integrating two-or-more systems to bring together the functionality you need
The one thing we hear repeatedly from new clients is “I wish we had called you before we bought this software….” One short consultation may save you endless hours and needless frustration down the road.