Which Phone System? Why VOIP Business over PBX?
VOIP is an acronym for Voice Over Internet Protocol.
More plainly, VOIP is an Internet-based phone system. VOIP offers significant advantages over traditional small business phone systems built using a PBX (Private Box Exchange) network.
- Initial system setup and ongoing costs are lower
- Distance and location make no difference – it’s easy to route calls to remote workers and field service personnel
- You can add as many phone lines as you need
- Automatically includes premium features like call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail, spam blocking, etc.
- Can be integrated with Office 365 and other online meeting and collaboration software programs to provide a seamless experience for employees, customers and prospects.
The only caveat is that your business must have a fast, reliable Internet connection.
But don’t you need that anyway?